May 15, 2004

Alien Invasion

Animator and I endured going hungry for the weekend, because the last of combined finances was spent for a Region 1 DVD copy of Invader Zim. If you don't know what it is, it's the new cartoon series on Nickelodeon (or was it Cartoon Network) about a half-wit alien who's bent on conquering Earth by posing as a grade school boy. It's a cartoon, but it's not for kids. I should, at least, give credit to Animator for choosing the most whacked of shows without really meaning to.

When I found out that we had to pay for the DVD Friday, I almost fainted. Here I was, trying to squeeze out what little value our cash had and all he could think about was acquiring that copy ... an original at that. Not that I support the proliferation of pirated videos, but, hey, in poor periods, YOU DO NOT BUY A REGION ONE.

But he did. We did. And I had no choice but to dish out the cash. (I'm the couple treasurer.) I swore under my breath that if I did not get a barrel of laughs out of this series, I would shove the copy down his throat and throw his DVD player out the window. Fortunately for him, I enjoyed it. I immediately forgot that we were going to live on canned and processed meat and Homi noodles for the entire weekend (Yeah, and I thought weekends were for rest and relaxation).

My awe hasn't reached fanaticism yet, but just the same, if you have the time, seek it. Watch it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daxi said...

Hmm.. maganda nga? minsan napapanuod ko siya. Mukhang kakatawa nga. Hehehe.. HOMI noodles, db bago yun? hehehe..

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From NESS:

Hahaha! OO bago siya and mas masarap siya sa Nissin's Ramen. Try mo, firmer ang noodles niya. But, of course, nothing still beats Lucky Me and Saucy Mi.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo nga that cartoon is funny.

-shawty

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home