May 18, 2004

Rejection

They offered it. How they found me, I will never know. Basta all I know is that the letter was addressed specifically to me and to no one else. And they withdrew it. :(

Why? Because they wanted a travel writer, meaning, somebody who has a published hard core travel article on her back, and not just some lifestyle writer, who, according to my friend Yogi, "can turn something she doesn't know into gold". So what if I don't have a real-deal travel article on my portfolio? I have been writing lifestyle pieces for as long as I can remember and, hello, I have churned out numerous pieces and reviews on different bars and restaurants, on people and their customs and behaviors, and even about furniture for crying out loud! But noooo, they want someone with a "travel article" daw, and my experience writing all sorts of articles directly related to travel writing were not enough.

So why did they contact me in the first place? To mock me? To invite spite? That's how it is with the powers that be, huh? When you have it, you can't help but throw weight around. Despicable people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ederic said...

Bad sila. They wouldn't know what they just missed.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C reiji 2, hey I heard it... d bale, i know you can move on. speaking of, nasan na yung mga links sa blog mo?

Wish you all the best...

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home